Monday, February 21, 2011

Our Save the Dates Leave the Nest!

After countless of hours designing, screen printing, cutting, gluing and addressing our save the dates are finally ready to head out the door to their new homes!

*All Personal Images

When our guests first receive our save the dates they’ll be greeted by a gravel colored A6 enveloped topped off with a wraparound label and lined with a gray chevron printed craft paper.

When designing our save the dates I made a conscious effort to keep them color neutral and let the color and grain of the wood really stand out. The card were designed by me in Photoshop elements and printed by Cards of Wood on walnut veneer. I was a little concerned that the black ink wouldn’t print well on the dark veneer but I’m really pleased with the quality of the print and I love the way the gravel envelope compliments the walnut.

For the magnet I embroidered our design on an 8x10 piece of natural linen and scanned the finish piece into Photoshop. Once re-sized I printed them out on matte photo paper trimmed them and slapped them on to business card sized magnets.

I love our save the dates but I am so happy to see them leave our home. We’re about 2 months behind on sending these out so having them go out the door is a huge weight off my shoulders.

We’re you behind on sending out your save the dates?

No comments:

Post a Comment